Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My freezer door in the garage was open slightly all night.

My freezer door in the garage was open slightly all night. I shut the door at 7AM this morning and the unit is not getting cold. It seems to be running continuously. Any suggestions on what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

You need to defrost the freezer. There are 2 ways you can do it. You can unplug the freezer and remove the panel where the temperature adjustment is located at the lower rear inside of the freezer. Take a hair dryer and defrost the coils behind that panel.

You can unplug the unit and open the door overnight and let it melt out. What has happened is the moisture in the air that was sucked in from outside has clogged the coils with frost and air can no longer be circulated by the fan.

Please ask if you have questions,