esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX we just installed a Haier HLP23E

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX we just installed a Haier HLP23E washer in my Mother's apartment. The washer works great, but when we run it, the hot water to s total of 4 apartments turns cold. The hot and cold water lines were already in place when she moved in, and we used a "Y" adapter to run the water to the machine. The management said we need to install in backflow to the inflow of water to the machine in order not to lose hot water to the apartments!! Does this make any sense?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi

esequiel walker :

each apartment should have its own water heater

Customer:

I don't believe that to be the case....

esequiel walker :

sounds like they are all running from the same boiler

Customer:

Yes, I believe so. It also sounds like the plumbing line is in series??

esequiel walker :

i have never never heard of having to install a backflow to avoid losing hot water

esequiel walker :

not in a apartment

esequiel walker :

who ever installed these lines was told to cut corners to save money and water

Customer:

Neither have I, but I'm not sure what to do from here.... I witnessed th loss of hot water myself after turning on the machine, then it returned when I turned the machine back off

esequiel walker :

you need to immediately complain to the office or you may have to go to corporate

Customer:

The hot water seem sto be off even if the machine isnet filling, but the water line is open...

esequiel walker :

but this is not going to work for your mother at all

Customer:

OK, I guess I'll take it to them...

esequiel walker :

pressing accept for my help pays me thanks bob

esequiel walker :

good luck sir

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp