Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosch Dish washer SHE6AF02UC/03 - error code E 01. I have now

Bosch Dish washer SHE6AF02UC/03 - error code E:01. I have now replaced water valve and control board. still get E:01 code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E:01 means that the water isn't entering the dishwasher fast enough. This is not a problem with the control board, and if the valve has been replaced, then make sure you're getting good water pressure to the dishwasher from your house. If so, then you'll need to order and replace your flow meter because it's not reading the water flow into the dishwasher correctly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, i forgot to mention that has been changed too. I'm am just completly frustrated with this.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
there is nothing else that would cause the issue. So double check the water flow to the dishwasher itself and if you have a good water supply, warranty out the valve the and the flow meter because nothing else can possibly give this error.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, i just disconnected the water line and the flow is out of this world. (kitchen is now wet) the only thing left i see is some kind of control board under the dish washer and I do not know what this is.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
That's is your main control board under the tub. But you said you already replaced the control board.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i replaced the control board in the front panel of the dish washer. I was told by Bosch this is what I needed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
That control panel has abosultely nothing to do with this error. The control board under the dishwasher is the part that reads the flow meter and controls everything. You can try replacing the control board itself if you want, but I've never seen the board go bad causing the issue myself.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Well, it could. we had a bad lightning storm the preceeding evening before the dish washer quit working. and there was a strike 1 block over from us. : the valve has an electronic sensor on it, is this not the flow meter?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
that is the flow meter, yes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, well, the valve is new, the flow meter was attached to valve so its new, water pressure and flow are extremly adequite. Which leaves only 1 conclusion, the board reading the data from the sensors must be damaged since all other options have been visited and parts replaced according to your recomendations. do you not agree with this deduction ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I'd either replace the control board or the valve, in order to fix the issue. You really don't know which one is bad so start witht he valve since you can warranty it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any idea on how to get this machine to do diagnostics. which buttons in which order ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no, you do NOT put this unit into diagnostics or the main control board often fails and the unit will never work correctly again. It won't help you anyways. If you really wanted to, you press and hold the 2 cancel buttons while turning the dishwasher on to put it into diagnostics mode. Either way, you might as well quite skirting around the issue and warranty out the valve. If you still have problems, replace the main control board under the tub.

Good luck and have a nice day.