Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My 16 month old Maytag fridge is not level. I have adjusted

Customer Question

My 16 month old Maytag fridge is not level. I have adjusted the front rollers, and I checked with a level- so my floor is level. The fridge seems high centered underneath, the back rollers are too low and the cooling fins underneath drag on the ground. I just see now that they are full of dust and crud - so that probably also explains why the fridge isn't cooling properly. So my question is, how to raise the back rollers on a bottom freezer type maytag fridge.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using There may be an adjustment screw on each side near the bottom hinge of each door. You will have to remove the kickplate and lower hinge covers to see the rear adjustment screws. The front screws are the only ones exposed with the hinge covers on. Remove the hinge covers and you should see the screws.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there are no rear adjustment screws underneath the front kick plate only front adjustment ones. there are three screws at the front two to hold on the side panels and one adjustment screw for each front wheel, is there adjustment screws inside the back panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
May I please have the model number from your refrigerator?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

The rear wheels are not adjustable. You will need to use wood shims to level them. Number 30 in the picture is the rear roller. They are secured in place and are not adjustable.