Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a 2 compartment dishwasher. The bottom compartment works

Customer Question

I have a 2 compartment dishwasher. The bottom compartment works fine. However the top compartment does not fully drain after the full wash cycle. The filter is not clogged, what do you suggest? Please thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, If I could please have the make and model number of the appliance that you have posted your question about? Along with any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. I will be more then happy to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have the owners manual so I can only say it is a Fisher Paykel two story or two compartment dishwasher and each compartment can be operated separately

if you open the top drawer the model number should be on the unit right face frame.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DD602

ok thank you .

If it is not completly draining .

I would suspect that the top unit has a partcial drain line clogged.

The drains Y into one drain ,but both units have seperate drain lines.

You will need to pull the unit out and check the drain lines.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think his comment is obvious and not worth paying for. I don't feel I capable of taking the dishwasher apart but thanks any way
That is my answer it is not my problem that you asked how to fix it then decided not to work on it .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was naive in thinking the site would be more helpful. I have no ability to take apart the dishwasher period. Perhaps you should have asked if I was planning to work on it. I find your comment, "it's not my problem" strange under the circumstances. Should we turn this into an argument. I'm sorry if I have wasted your time.

This is an Appliance repair web site .

Every customer that ask`s a question is able and ready to work on the appliance .

Or they would not come to this site.

Appliance repair is not just a snap of your fingers and the appliance is repaired.

Im sorry that you thought that.