Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a ge washer wnsr2100t5ww the pull knob has a clamp on

Customer Question

i have a ge washer wnsr2100t5ww the pull knob has a clamp on it and i took it off the knob still wont come off. how do i get it off?
thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you pull the plastic clip out of the knob ? shown here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the whole knob is still on there

the clamp was inbetween the back of the knob and the washing machine

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
is it the clamp (plastic) that you removed ? or is it still on the timer knob?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its was metal two teeth faceing down and one tooth facing up between them
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay so you're talking about a different knob or are you talking about the timer knob ? The thing you need to do is to get the clamp I showed you above its actually like a clip plastic off the timer knob before the timer not will come off, this little clip is in between the knob itself and the control, it is part number nine on this diagram, you need to get a paperclip or something you can make a little hook with and get it in behind the timer knob and hope this clip and just pull it straight out, then the knob will come off, until you get that off you cannot remove the timer if that is what you're trying to do, it's very difficult to get to and its stupid actually, but it's there and you need to pull it out before you can remove the timer I hope this makes sense to you I'm trying my best to explain it, here is a video to show you how to remove that knob, it shows you how to do it with a pair of needle nose pliers which may be easier for you, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

theres no video, and the paperclip is not grabbing onto anything

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i hit the green buttom not meaning to. there is no video and the paperclip is not grabbing onto anything
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry heres the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5-piW1W7M
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not the same one. i need to replace the whole thing piece. from the knob to the gray box. the whole pull knob needs to come off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
That's how the knob comes off, I've looked up your model and that is the way or knob comes off once you get the front knob off the one under it just pops off with a flat head screwdriver, then you go in to the back of the control panel through the back in there will be a screw holding the timer in the back,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
have you taken the screws out along the top of the control panel and then removed the metal cover covering the backside of the timer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i unscrewed it but its not coming off. i guess i just need to have someone come out. i dont know why it wont come off. there is no clip to pull like the video showed. thank you for trying to help me.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Boy I feel really bad, this is your timer correct ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I hate to leave you hanging and I can't for the life of me figure out why you don't have that little plastic clip that holds the timer knob on, when you took the two screws out of the timer in the back does the timer feel loose except for the knob is stuck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
that little plastic clip is holding it, for some reason you cant seem to get to it, I just cant think of anything else to tell you that will help. that clip is there and if you havent seen it fall out and you havent taken it out its there for sure unless someone change it and did something else to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i bought the maching used 3 years ago so i dont know and i've never had a problem with it. i've used a flashlight to see, but there is no clip to pull. i dont know what is holding it on. i'll just have to have someone come out. thank you for trying though.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay thanks, well wishes, Bryan