Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Duet Steam washer. Model number WFW9600TW01.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Steam washer. Model number WFW9600TW01. For the last few days, when I press start, the SUDs display comes on, the the code F35 blinks incessantly. In a repair chat on line, someone is saying I need part W10156252.

Is this correct?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Yets get started

well the pressure switch could be the problem, but before ordering in replacing that have you cleaned the pump trap in this yet?.

Let me know thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I have not. Can you tell me where it is located and how I get to it?
Okay sure, under the door and the front there is an access panel, the screws are way down close to the floor you almost have to lay down to see them, remove the screws and pull the panel off, the trap will be right there in the front once you get the panel off, get some towels and unscrew the trap counterclockwise slowly because water will come out and clean the trap real good then reinstall it, try the machine again and then, let me know if that works, sometimes if these are clogged machine does not draining fully and you will get a suds warning on the control, what happens is it doesn't release the pressure on the water level switch so the machine doesn't reset, try that let me know if it works, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brian... I had to leave the house to come into work. Sorry for the delay. If the cleaning the pump trap does not work, should I try the pressure switch? If so, can you tell me where it is and how to get to it.

Also is that something I should be able to find locally?

I will push the green button as soon as I hear from you. I greatly appreciate your help.

Robert
I'm not sure if you can find this locally or not but the part number is, W10415587 and is number 20 on this diagram, located under the top in the back right corner, there are screws along the back of the top you remove to pull the top off, here's the diagram, hopefully cleaning the pump will take care of this for you, we have to do that a lot so fully that's your problem, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. I am puching the green accept button. Hope this will work and hope you have a great day.

Robert
okay thanks, have a great weekend. Bryan