Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a older very good maodlFV315. Is there a screen/trap

Customer Question

I have a older very good maodlFV315. Is there a screen/trap to prevent items large enough to damage from entering the pump? I believe I left a $2,000 hearing aid in a pants pocket and that' s the last place I think it might be. I found the battery in the tub.Since other family members have the machine in use nearly constantly, I don't want to put it out of any longer than possibly. A schematic would also be helpful.
Thanks for your prompt reply,

XXXXXXXX X. XXXXXXX
XXXX XXX XXXX XXXXX
XXXX XXXXX XXXX XXX
(XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Iets get started.

Can you recheck that model number I can't seem to get it to come up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is abuot 12-15years old ad was built in iowa. "Maytag HD 2 sp
the serial nuber is(NNN) NNN-NNNN IV
model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, is this a top load washer? still cant get the model to come up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry, I'v gien you al th information tha I can find . the tub \s blue green on tthe inside, thcainet is off white. it posibly was purchasd fron a sears stor in Oxnard, california.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just tell me if it might have a device to prevet large objects from enterig.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
When you lift the lid there should be a model number around the circle opening in the center back of it, I can get any information and less can find the right model number for it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the I.d. tag riveted is on the top of the control so is very obvius and easy to read......so i guess that you don't have the information i need.The next step on my part is to begin to dissasemble.......Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have moved the machine and there are NO other identifing numbers any where on it.
the top is fastened in front and hingedd by two clip on the upper portion of the back to alow it to swing up..the back panel is the full size of the cabinet and held on by small metal screws.........your computer obviously doe's not go back far enough
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I'm real sorry, sometimes they remove the diagrams from the databases after so many years. for a $2000.00 hearing aid you may want to have a service tech come out and take this apart for you, I wish I could do more, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I guess I'll have to get SUPERMAN to use his X-ray vision to look through the rear cover to answer my simple question.
I have repaired many washers in my 76 years (but haven't had to fix this good AMERICAN made machine) but I am now partially disabled and will have to get a son-in-law or neighbor to help me move it to where I can remove the rear panel. I have enough tools to do the job,since I've made my livivg as a mechanic for over 50 of those years and sure I've worked harder than any ten of you experts.
AND I PAY MY DEBTS!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
AND I PAY MY DEBTS!!!

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you probably have worked harder , you see my problem with helping you I hope though, without being able to see the diagram i cant walk you through it, I would say however the machine could have a filter in the drain system but cant be sure, some have one like this if that helps,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
and some have one under the agitator like this,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
if you click this link it has a lot of different filters, maybe you will see yours in the machine by looking at these, http://www.repairclinic.com/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Filter-Parts thanks Bryan