Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a LG model LFX25960 fridge, fridge lights went out, bulbs

Customer Question

have a LG model LFX25960 fridge, fridge lights went out, bulbs ok, mechanical rod sensors for doors ok. If you repeatedly press button in the light flicker, a clicking is heard from main board in back
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you board needs to be replaced, the relay on the board is bad, unfortunately you can't replace just the relay the do not sell them separately, you will need to replace the control board, unless the center post and the light socket inside the refrigerator has bent in an is not touching the center of the bulb and making contact, aside from that you will need to replace your board.

The part number is, EBR34917104 hope this information is useful thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was afraid of that, I forgot to tell you that I had already tested the sockets and they were fine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, you will need to replace that board, sorry I hate giving you bad news but all these new refrigerators have boards them and everyone them fails at some point in some fashion, luckily the refrigerator is still running for you so you have time to order it and install it, what happens is the relay on the board Burns the contacts, it's a little like points in an old car you remember those, but unfortunately these are sealed relays and you just can't open them to sand them smooth again, I remember doing that on my car years back you could work on them, at any rate Sears has this board for around $102.00 if you need to order it here's the link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/EBR34917104/0046/795?pathTaken=partSearch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=EBR34917104 thanks and very best wishes, Bryan