Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile dishwarher and it is 10 years old. It wont

I have a GE Profile dishwarher and it is 10 years old. It wont drain the water out all the way from the it a control panel issue or pump issue and is it worth getting fixed vs buying a new one?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

You need to replace the drain check valve, this is a common issue on these, this is located right in the back inside the dishwasher, there is a screen that runs along the back of the dishwasher that has four screws and with 1/4" heads, remove the screws and lift the screen out and it's right in the center, just unscrew it counterclockwise and pull it out, the rubber part deteriorates and it doesn't seal allowing water to come back injury the drain cycle, you can order this part the following link, this will take care your issue, thanks, Bryan