Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

What does it mean when you get a F70 or F71 code on your w

What does it mean when you get a F70 or F71 code on your washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

give me a few minutes to check your model. I'll be back shortly. thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
F70 and F71 are two logic board error codes that point at a communication error between the main logic module and the control pad (user interface and CCU), and between the motor control unit and central control (MCU, andd CCU that is main control module).
Repair is difficult, as motor, wiring and voltages from control modules must be tested, this requires quite a bit of electronics knowledge make sure you order the correct part because these parts are not cheap, you will need to check voltages between the boards and there are a lot of tests the need to be done to determine what the problem is, do you have a solid knowledge of electronics? If not you will need a technician to come out and diagnosis problem for you it is gonna be one of two things more than likely though and I can't tell you what those are, one is gonna be the main CCU (central control unit) in the other is going to be the MCU (motor control unit) either one of these are expensive so you don't make a mistake, hope this helps thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does this mean I need to get a repair person in to fix it and is this an expensive repair. About how much and how long does it take? The washer isn't even 2 yrs old. Is this normal?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I had to go work I just got back, well if you have repair person come out it's the best way to go because you don't want replace both these one make sure the right one is replaced, if you can you resend the model number because it seems it's not coming up for the parts I can tell you how much the part run release each individual part that we will be ready when you have a service guy come out any will rip you off but. Your model number doesn't come up correctly so if you could recheck the model number and get back to me I will get you that information, thanks, Bryan