Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I fix my kenmore washing machine model #110.24932200

How do I fix my kenmore washing machine model #110.24932200? It goes bang,bang,bang, bang as the spin cycle finishes. It spins OK. And is it harmful to operate it with this condition?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

The bang bang bang is your brake grabbing when this comes to a stop, yes it is bad to run it like that, this is the brake assembly,

this is between the transmission in tub, you need to pull the transmission out to replace this, if you do not fix it it's going to break the drive coupling between the transmission in the motor, here is a video on how to remove the transmission (gearcase) click this blue link, once you have the transmission down you will see the brake assembly, if you do not want to replace the brake because it is $120.00 you can put a little grease up in there to stop it from coming to a slamming stop, the only thing this grease will do is the tub won't stop immediately when the machine shuts off it may take a couple of seconds for the tub to stop, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan