Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Automatic Ice Maker on my Model LSC279060 ST is no longer

Customer Question

My Automatic Ice Maker on my Model LSC279060 ST is no longer making ice. All other items are working fine on the dispenser and the freezer is working fine. What could the problem be and how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Have you noticed whether the ice maker is moving or not? Is It cycling?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The ice maker does not seem to be cycling.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, it is turned on correct? The switch on the side is in the on position?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it is turned on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay these are electronic inside the icemaker itself they do not sell the electronics that go inside the icemaker itself you would need to replace the whole icemaker, if this is not turning or cycling then it's not going to be the valve it's going to be the icemaker, you need to replace it unfortunately, can you do me a favor and recheck the model number, your exact model number is XXXXX coming up I'm wondering if you have a number missing or too many numbers, does your icemaker look like the one I showed you above?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it looks exactly like the one you showed me. I apologize. The correct model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay here's the link to order a new icemaker, Sears sells this for approximately $30 less than the site I got the picture from, there are only two pieces to the icemaker assembly one is the valve in the back of the refrigerator which feeds the water in the other is the icemaker itself, if the icemaker is not cycling this means it's bad, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan