Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Problem opening my Sentry safe lock and the key pad

I I am trying to open my Sentry safe lock and the key pad does not light up, so I can not enter the combination. I open last week and today when I try to open it again I can’t
Could you give a clue of what is happening?
Thanks,
Teresa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Your battery that powers the keypad is likely dead. When was the last time it was replaced and how old is the safe?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Opening your safe for the first time (keep door open during setup):

1. Remove and discard the screw (if equipped) at the base of the lock case.

2. Turn the electronic lock case to the right (clockwise), from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock, and remove.

• Insert 4 new AA batteries (not included) to powerthis lock.
  • Replace the electronic lock case and turn to theleft (to 12 o'clock) to reassemble.

NOTE: The yellow LED will light when the batteries need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER. I'LL TRY TO CHANGE BATTERIES, HOWEVER THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT THERE IS A NEED FOR REPLACEMENT OF BATTERIES. I WILL LET YOU KNOW.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
If there is no light lit up on the panel, either there is no power to run them (dead batteries), or the electronics are faulty. Let me know what happens when you replace the batteries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, I JUST CHANGED THE BATTERIES AND NOW THE KEY PAD IS ACCEPTING THE CODE BUT THE DOOR DOES NOT OPEN AND IT SHOWS AND ERROR.THE CODE IS RIGHT I JUST USED IT LAST WEEK.
THANKS
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.

There are 3 possible ways to unlock and access the safe:

1. Factory code

(Found on the first page of this guide) You can always open the safe by entering the pre-set 5-digit factory code. This code cannot be deleted.

2. User code

If you prefer to employ your own code, you can program the safe to open using a 5-digit user code of your choice.

3. User pin

If you wish to give someone else temporary access to the safe, you can program a 5-digit user pin that can later be erased.

Programming the user code

NOTE: One (1) user code is allowed.

To add:

1. Press the Prog key , then enter the 5-digit factory code.

2. Enter the 5-digit user code of your choice.

To delete:

1. Press the Prog key.

2. Enter the 5-digit factory code twice.

Programming user pin

NOTE: One (1) user pin is allowed.

To add:

1. Press the Prog key 2 times.

2. Enter your 5-digit user code.

3. Enter the 5-digit user pin of your choice.

To delete:

1. Press the Prog key 2 times.

2. Enter your 5-digit user code.

3. Enter 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

NOTE: If your safe does not appear to be working, please check batteries before calling Sentry Customer Care.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T FIND THE FACTORY CODE ANYWHERE.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
It should be written on your original User's Manual. It is unique to each safe, there is no generic code I can give you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK THANKS FOR YOUR HELP - I GUESS I WON'T BE ABLE TO OPEN IT BECAUSE I CAN'T LOCATE THE USER MANUAL.
I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
You will need to contact Sentry then for instruction at www.sentrysafe.com.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!