Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

service repair code F on dryer--kenmore Elite,(NNN) NNN-NNNN What

Customer Question

service repair code F on dryer--kenmore Elite,(NNN) NNN-NNNN
What repair is required?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

does it show a number with the F and what kind of problem are you having?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think the number was 40---turn the dryer off and restart--everything OK---maybe a week, two weeks, month it might happen again.

the dryer stops and the F 40 flashes( I think it is 40 )--I restart the dryer and it is OK. Might not happen again for awhile
F40 is a error that appears between the machine control and the motor control when communication becomes lost. Check the connection between the two. The error codes should be on the tech sheet beneath your console panel along with how to check for this error. Contact service they should be able to give you more information

First - go through the machine and check all harnesses 7 plugs. This expensive machine uses the cheapest parts possible. Unplug and re-plug all connections you can find.
Particularly the controller (CCU) and motor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this sounds like a job for a technician??????
really it is but it don't ever hurt to try it yourself ,, thanks and Glad i could help you with your problem so please be fair and press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Larry

Love you like a brother BUT this is not information that I would pay----I would have to be a trained tech to do what you are suggesting

Thanks
you can just unplug all the wiring plugs and replug them and it will most likely take care of the problem brother haha ,, thanks

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here