Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

refridgerator/side by side - Is there a way to remove the water/ice

Is there a way to remove the water/ice dispenser to remove light accumulated mold? I am in US should I be on another site?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

do you have a make and model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
refridgerator-Hotpoint-side by side-HSS25GFTWW
ok give me a few minutes , I'll be back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok
Okay got it, on this diagram you will see part number 93, this is the touchpad assembly with the buttons on it you press by some water and whatnot, this piece snaps off, unplug the refrigerator first because this is electronic which you do is take a small screwdriver or a sharp knife and put it in between at the bottom and pry out and this whole piece will unsnap and come off then you could take the wires off of that, then you will see that part number 58 has four screws holding it in you can remove those screws and that piece will come out this will give you more access to clean the inside around the ice shoot and all that area, here's the diagram, that's all these, part you just pry out the bottom of number 93 and you will see the rest after you get that off, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan, They don't make this easy for housewives do they? I will need to keep this info for when husband gets home. Can we keep this conversation open until he can get to this later this week?
Sure actually you have 30 days even if you accept now you still have 30 days to come back and ask me anymore questions you may need answered, it's pretty straightforward though I think your husband will understand it pretty easily, you have to kind of pride the bottom of the dispenser control out and it will pop right off, as a matter fact I did one of these this morning, that's funny, I had to remove the dispenser front to get at the control board in it, I will be on all week so yes husband can get back to me anytime he needs to, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK Bryan, I appreciate your help. Thanks!
your welcome.