Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I do not get any hot water in my washing machine. The hot

I do not get any hot water in my washing machine. The hot water flows from the water heater to the adjacent laundry sink, so that connenction seems to be fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number is #LAT9864AA6. This is a Dependable Care Plus/Heavy Duty, Two Speed, Super Capacity washer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
For some reason this model number isn't coming up can you recheck it ? If you click this link there is a list the model numbers that comes up but yours to is not among them. http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-LAT9864AA6-%3d%3d thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Try LAT9864AAE
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay I think I found the water mixing valve for yours first thing you need to check on this is to remove the hose from the valve on the machine the hot water hose and see if the screen is clogged going into it, you can see the screens in the valve also check the screens in the hose itself, the other thing you should do is place the hot water hose in the tub of the machine and turn the hot water on at the house make sure you getting plenty of pressure coming through it, check these things let me know, we'll take it from there, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am going to the basement to do that now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay just let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for trying. I couldn't get to the water mixing valve ( which I presume is under the washing machine). This information was not helpful to me but I will see if I can get someone to use it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
its in the back where the hoses from the house connect, can you get to that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay/ I'll try again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, just follow the rubber hoses or stainless steel whichever one you have on yours from the house to the back of the machine, where they connect that's the valve,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back. My son will be able to take the hoses off when he gets home at 5:00. I have no intention of holding you up any longer. I appreciate your help. The last thing I want to know is what to do if the screens are clogged. Will running water through them do the trick?

By the way, I have been looking for the green light that I need to press at the end of our problem solution. I don't see it on this screen. Will another screen pop up?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you get my last reply?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I just did, if you cleaned the screens if they are clogged this may take care the issue, if not I will be on off tonight I will check my replies and if I see one from you I will reply back and we can continue, thanks and talk later, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.