Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a jenn air freezer on bottom with french doors. Recently

Customer Question

We have a jenn air freezer on bottom with french doors. Recently we found that the right door pops open when the left doors is closed. Any solutions? Julie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Your door closer is worn this is on the bottom hinge, if the black plastic piece that has notches in and when you shut the door then notches line up and it drops into the notches to keep it shut, if you get me the model number I will look up the parts for you, model number will be inside the refrigerator either on one of the walls or on the ceiling, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is a door closer? Is it difficult to install?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The door closer is a piece of the hinge on the bottom of the door you will need to remove the door to replace it, I can send you a picture of the part and diagrams if that helps but I will need a model number to get those to you, difficulty on a scale of 1 to 5, I would say 3, to really be able to explain this I need the model number so I can show you what I'm talking about, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks. The model number : FC2089HES
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great, this is the door closer, it is part number 16 on this diagram and this diagram shows you the top hinges so you can get the door off, you will need to remove the screws in the top hinge and then lift the door off the bottom to replace this, you can order this part for $12.40 at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Closing-Cam/67003639/1034156 just click that blue link, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks Bryan. You're great. My husband is pretty handy. What are the chances of our breaking the door?

The part is out of stock....it doesn't say how long. Is there another site?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You shouldn't break the door I would be hard to do unless you drop it, the door lifts off the hinge so just make sure everything is off the door shelves inside remove the top hinge open the door and lift up, sorry about the link I didn't realize they were out of it, Sears has these at the following link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Jenn-air-Parts/Refrigerat or-Parts/67003639/0046/464/Model-JFC2089HES13/1266/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=JFC2089HES13&subCompDesc=Refrigerator%20door%20parts&brandDesc=JENN-AIR&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay. I'm going to bite the bullet! Thanks Bryan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

are you still there?