Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

I have an Amana Easy Touch Control 800 and the oven doesnt

I have an Amana Easy Touch Control 800 and the oven doesn't get to temp. I have used 2 different thermometers to check and it never gets over about 350. I have tried the adjustment in to manual to no avail. Also if I set it for 500 after a while it beeps and the bake light blinks. Any ideas? Thanks Connie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 3 years ago.

Neilwill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Neilwill :

What's the complete model number?

Customer:

All I can say it is an Easy Touch Control 800

Neilwill :

Neilwill :

That is the series. Not the model number.

Customer:

that part is for a Maytag. And I don't know where the model number would be I'm looking on the use and care guide

Neilwill :

Open the oven door and or the storage door below the oven and on the frame of the oven is a sticker with the complete model number and the serial number below that. Do not need the serial number!

Customer:

ok hold on I have to go look

Neilwill :

Amana is made by Maytag

Neilwill :

Same company

Neilwill :

Whirlpool ownes them now

Neilwill :

All Amana parts say maytag

Neilwill :

What a monoply, Whirlpool bought Maytag,Jenair,Amana,and Magic chef. They already owned Kitchenaid and Wood!

Customer:

it is an AGR5835QDS

Neilwill :

If there is a bad oven sensor or Thermistor. The oven will not be able to go above 350etc!!

Neilwill :

Thank you

Customer:

I figured it was a thermistor so the max cut out is 350

Neilwill :

Your oven utilizes an oven sensor this one. rather than a thermistor.

Oven Sensor

Item # XXXXX

Neilwill :

It's $33. at repairclinic.com that's the link I sent you .

Neilwill :

Click it and you will see the picture and ites easy to cahnge.

Neilwill :

Change.

Customer:

Thanks for the link. I don't think that'll be a problem I worked on airplanes and copier/printers for most of my working career so it should be simple. I just didn't expect it to cut out at 350 and I don't have a service manual. Thanks again

Neilwill :

Let me see if I have a video of the repair for you!

Customer:

there is one on the link

Neilwill :

You do not sound like you need one!!

Neilwill :

Okay good luck , peace and God bless.

Neilwill :

After you click accept. You can still ask me questions for a week.

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation