Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Whirlpool gas drier is giving me issues. Last year I replaced

My Whirlpool gas drier is giving me issues. Last year I replaced the thermistor and thermal fuse. Now I'm not getting any error code but it isn't drying. It runs the normal time but the heavy clothes (towels and jeans) are damp. I'm thinking it must be either the thermal cut-off (but it seems to be creating some heat) or the moisture sensor (but the tech sheet says it should stop too soon or run much longer if it was a bad moisture sensor). Any ideas?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

You need to replace your gas valve coils, they are not keeping the flame lit long enough to dry the clothes in the allotted time or with the moisture sensor, the thermistor if you replaced it that's not going to be the issue, the thermal fuse if you jumped around it or bypassed it and it does the same thing that's not the issue, the issue is going to be your coils, these are $17.80 and will take care of your issue, you can order them at the following link and there is also a video there to show you how to replace them, they are very simple to do, here is the link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-Set/279834/3479 thanks and well wishes, Bryan