Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A piece of bone caught in the Kenmore 6051 garbage disposal

A piece of bone caught in the Kenmore 6051 garbage disposal unit. I finally got all the pieces out but now the inside base plate is tippy. Maybe it's because I turned the allen wrench around and around and around. Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the unit?

Thank you,

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

When you say tippy do you mean its bent ? You are talking about this correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, that's the piece. Is it supposed to be firmly solid or the edges can be tilted if you push on it with a spatula handle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm still waiting to hear from you again. I got a confirmation that the $30 went through.

soory Jean I got called out. the base plate should be solid and only turn but not tilted with a spatula, the problem is the part is available but alot of work to install. you need to remove the disposal to replace that and it may not be that causing the problem it could be the shaft , my advice is since you need to remove this anyway would be to replace the disposal, these are not expensive to replace. yours is a 3/4 horsepower, you can pick one of these up at lowes, thanks Bryan