John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Im looking to replace my old defective oven switch ROBERTSHAW

I'm looking to replace my old defective oven switch Can you help me ?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Will you please send me the brand name and model number of your oven? I need them to get parts information for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi John,

Brand name: Moffats Ltd (Weston Ontario Canada)

Model 30S36, 30S47, 30T34 & 30T36 (July 23, 1969)

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The only Moffat appliances I'm acquainted with are restaurant grade with model number beginning with E or G. I suggest you call the customer service department at(NNN) NNN-NNNNtomorrow.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi John:

I will send you tomorrow a picture of the switch. I'm not sure that Robertshaw still makes that kind of piece, but can you suggest to me a replacement switch for my residential Moffat stove?

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I'll try. Please send the numbers on the switch as well.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, I will send you more details tomorrow, where you will see all the numbers concerning this switch that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time and effort in this matter.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hope this will help you !

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

OK. Thank you. The device is a double pole mechanical power relay. The two contacts at the bottom connect to the activating coil, and those on each side switch one 120 volt leg of the current each. I can't read the i.d. number, but this is a common configuration. The coil current is controlled by the oven thermostat, and the relay switches provide heater element power.

First, try calling the contact number I sent to see if the company still provides the part for replacement. If not, try contactiing the nearest Reliable Parts store. If you need the location, go to, and use their store locator menu. The part will probably be called an oven(heat) relay.