Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Model J HP70V K5AD How do I change the electrical sockets

GE Model J HP70V K5AD
How do I change the electrical sockets for the surface heating elements?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Is it the plug in terminal blocks you need to change?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay well it's fairly straightforward, first thing you do is unplug the range, then remove the burners and the burner pans, there is a screw holding each one of the terminals in place, it usually a Phillips head screw, remove the screws and pull the terminal blocks toward you and you need to cut the wire and strip it back, there are two wires it doesn't matter which one goes to which terminal when you wire in the new ones, strip the two wires on each of the terminal blocks and slide the copper contact part into the terminal block itself and snap the silver holder piece over the terminal block also slip one of the shrink wraps over the wire before wire nut them together use the wire nuts to secure the wires and slide the shrink wrap over the nuts, take a cigarette lighter or a hairdryer will work and heat up the shrink wrap this will shrink the shrink wrapped tight around the wire nuts and seal them so they don't come loose, slide the silver part back over where the screws go and replace the screws but the pain back in and slide the burner in, it's not that difficult you can do it like a set it doesn't matter which wires you to which on each burner it just completes a circuit, just make sure the range is unplugged before doing any of this work, thanks and well wishes, Bryan