Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Washer,we have a fantastic 32 year old Matag Washer Model #

Washer,we have a fantastic 32 year old Matag Washer Model # XXXXX Serial No 846822 CE
We have two problems !. Can't get Agitator out. It is stuck tight so need to know how to get it loose without breaking it.
2. We ar getting small balck spots on some clothes. We only use Fabric Softener in the Dryer but never in the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. Iets get started.

Okay have you taken the screw out of the side of this down near the bottom of the agitator? There is a screw that goes in down near the bottom it's got a 1/4" head on it have you remove that?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is no screw. The Agitator is plastic and I have had it off before just by pulling up on it but it has been awhile so I assume it is stuck to the agitator shaft.. So will appreciate all the help you have.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well some of the old ones had the screw some didn't so I guess if you had this off before yours doesn't getting the agitator off can be really difficult if it's been on there for a long time and hasn't been removed, they do sell a product called Agi-Tamer
, , graphicsometimes this is the only thing you can get these off with without breaking the agitator, here is a link where you can order one if you wish, they're very simple to use and work great, http://www.agi-tamer.com/ thanks, Bryan