Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our gas oven suddenly does not functions. The burners work

Our gas oven suddenly does not functions. The burners work fine so they're not locked, and the oven door is not locked, but the oven gas seems to be locked out. The pilot doesn't click, the gas does not hiss, nothing. What's going on? Is there some additional lock that's on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.lets get started.

Your model number is XXXXX can you get me the rest of the model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the rest of the number is XXXXX The numbers I entered were all that the box accepted. I triede several times but onlytthe five digits appeared in the box
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I'm still not finding this model number, where I you getting the model number from? From the book of from the range itself? You need an oven igniter but I can't look it up because I can't get this number to come up, from what you're saying you are able to set the temperature and push start but it just never lights is that correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I can't read my own writing. The number is GS563LXSS. But I think you may have answered my questions. Yes, i can set the over to preheat and choose a temp, but then nothing happens when I push start. You think I need an oven ignitor?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Bingo got it! No I do not think you need the igniter now that I had a chance to look at your range, if you don't hear any clicking whatsoever in either bake or broil then you need to replace the electronic control board, this is not a cheap item however, but these fail all the time, click this blue link and it will take you to where you can order this and also a video on how to replace it, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan