Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my dishwasher leaks around the water level float only when

my dishwasher leaks around the water level float only when between cycles Why
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

does this happen when its rerfilling with water in between the cycles? Do you have the model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It happens each time it is idle during a cycle
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You have the model number? Look on the side walls inside this should be a tag
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DU1055XTVQ1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great got it, please bare with me while I take a look at your model, sometimes this takes a few minutes to look through all of diagrams and parts so please do not opt out if you don't hear back from me within a couple of minutes, I will not be able to reply if you do, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
When this fills up how high is the water when it's done filling? Is it above the heater below the heater about how much water in inches do you think is in it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just below the heater. About 3/4-1" deep
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's really strange because you not getting too much water do you have a pump running while it is filling in between cycles?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no pump running. It seems like when it stops washing and all the water returns to the bottom, that it gets higher that the stand tube around the float rod
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That's definitely a possibility and I think that's probably what's going on, the only way to fix that problem is to replace the float assembly, they're not really adjustable so after a while they can do that, in your sure it's coming down the stand tube around the float correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I replace this myself?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Well this can be a little difficult but if you really handy you can probably do it, there is a nut (plastic) that holds it on to the tank you need to take the nut off and a few wires and install the new one, here is a link to all the parts and diagrams for your machine,

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Whirlpool-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-DU1055XTVQ1/1198/0130000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=DU1055XTVQ1 hope this helps, thanks, Bryan