Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a gas dryer that will run but not throw any heat for

We have a gas dryer that will run but not throw any heat for drying the clothes. The gas line is intact and the gas is not turned off. What part could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you open the door and get me the full model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay great, on the front panel left side there is a small square cap # XXXXX on this diagram, pop the cap off and start the dryer, look through the hole do you see the igniter glow? watch for a minute or so.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have the front taken apart. Should we put it back together and try your suggestion? If so, after your reply, give us 10 minutes to get it back together and try your suggestion. Please advise about putting it back together.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well you can try it with the front off and the drum removed if you can plug the door switch back in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, we are going to reassemble the front and pop out part #49. After we have it back together and can try your suggestion, we will send you another response. Please reply to this communication so I have a reply box open to send you a message when we have it reassembled and have tried your suggestion.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay thats fine I'll be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, we reassemble the front, put it back together, and now it heats up. We did clean it from dust when we opened the front and the back panels. Could this be what helped it work again, or is there some other thing we should be looking at?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
was there a lot of dust and lint in it? if so this can make it overheat and stop heating, I would run a load or two, if it stops heating again let me know , you may need gas valve coils, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There did not appear to be excess dust and lint. We will try it for several loads and hope it doesn't stop heating again. How do i get in touch with you if we have another problem with this after several loads and I've already pressed the green "Accept Answer" button for your payment?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you have 30 days after you press accept to come back for any additional questions but just so you know what they are these of the gas coils, they are pretty simple to install and if you press this blue link it will take you to a you can order them for under $20, and is a video to show you how to replace them, this will be the issue if it does stop heating again, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-Set/279834/3479?modelNumber=LGR7646EQ3%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20 thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.