Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Water came spilling out of the bottom of the washing machi

Water came spilling out of the bottom of the washing machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have the front panel off? # XXXXX on this diagram.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan -
There is no water in the machine now. When I opened the rear service panel and inspected the drain hose from the tub to the pump and the hose from the pump to the waste, they appear intact. I wasn't here, but my daughter said the water came flushing out of the bottom
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok can you get the front panel off? there are screws holding the the door hinges and ones across from that , if you remove them the panel around the door will come off just pull out at the top of the panel , its like a U shaped panel. this will give you a better look. you will need to start the machine and let it fill a bit to see where its comming from however. just be ready to shut the water off if it starts to really pour out. let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The leak is at the junction of the white pump housing and the waste hose. Removing the waste hose, there does not appear to be a hole or split. There also does not appear to be a crack in the white pump housing
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
remove the pump, and check it good, sometimes you can get a coin stuck in it and it will burn a hole through the plastic housing. we see this a lot.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There was nothing lodged in the pump flanges. The inner surface of the waste hose may be a little worn. Do these wear out suddenly ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

so the drain hose is worn? the rubber hose? is there a hole it it? sometime these can just wear because of movement . these machine can move alot in spin.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.