Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Gold oven thats panel has just gone blank.

I have a Whirlpool Gold oven that's panel has just gone blank. The light inside is on, but the panel has nothing on it. This happened a week or so ago, and then just came back on and worked fine. When it came back on the panel read something strange with a letter and a number. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this a wall oven or free standing range ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a double oven, built in to the wall
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay there should be a model # XXXXX one of the doors on a tag can you find that? also do you remember what the error code was. ? F and a # ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you get that model # XXXXX I just texted you? GB0307PD810. Also it seems to me it was like it had a C and like a 4 and maybe a U ......not sure. It was blank for a week or so and then just came back on when I was waiting for a repair man.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
is this an American built oven? the model # XXXXX comming up. how old is this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
GBD307PDB10 and maybe 5-6 years old and I assume American
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had the serial # XXXXX It is GBD307PDB10

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thats better, let me look this up and I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, the control is bad in this, they are working to resolve the issues with these thats why when you order this part they require you to return the original part, (usually there is no core charge when you order a part unless theres an issue they are testing original parts for)

Oven Control Board

Item #1877910 (OEM Part)

$196.25

Electronic oven control board - [A $35.00 core deposit is included in the price shown, which will be refunded when the original part is returned.]

Manufacturer Number W10340941

are you still having a tech come out? how long have you owned this oven? the control needs to be replaced. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.