Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi We have a 5yo GE Profile side by side fridge. At 3.5years

Hi
We have a 5yo GE Profile side by side fridge. At 3.5years problems began. Problem is freezer 10 degrees below where it should be and fridge 10 degrees above, with condensation in fridge. First round saw of technician visits replaced thermostat and filters and this corrected problem after three visits. Problem has recoccurred after 18 months. Two sets of flaps replaced with water filters as well. Another 3 visits. Problem has not gone away this time. Any suggestions? Thank you

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan yes although I am at the office and it may take a few hours for my wife to get back to me. IT is a GE profile side by side with ice dispenser, controls, made circa 2006 +/- one year. GE tech seems to take a crap shoot approach and has a 1/5 hit ratio of diagnosing the problems. From what I understand, these fancy models have a hostory of problems in motherboard, thermostat, coils so he has a big craps table to aim at. I will revert when I get the model no. Thanks
Yes you are absolutely right about the motherboards, GE has redesigned the motherboard for all their side-by-side refrigerators 4 different times, the latest board they come out with has seem to have taken care of all the issues, that's why i need to check your model number because there are different boards for different refrigerators and I'm 100% sure that your issue is with the board, if he hasn't replaced it then it needs to be replaced, I have to go out and do some work today or at least this morning and I think I'll be back probably after lunch, so if you can get the model number between now and then and just reply back to me with it when I get back into the office I will look up your board for you, I will also tell you where you can purchase it it's not very difficult to replace any can do-it-yourself, sounds like your tech is not very experienced or at least not trying to hard I guess, at any rate I will be back this afternoon and will reply with the information you need, thanks and well wishes and talk later, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Bryan serial number for the GE fridge is ziss420drgss. Thanks, Simon.
Hi Simon, sorry I couldnt get back to you yesterday, when I got back my computer was down, anyway the board for your refrigerator is part # XXXXX , its shown as part 703 on this diagram, if you click this link it will take you to all the diagrams for your refrigerator, diagrams its located next to the compressor, heres a link to the part. part thanks Bryan