Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Bosch dishwasher childlock light will not turn off

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher childlock light will not turn off .  I have changed out the control panel fascia.  When I try to replace the panel,  the unit goes into child lock mode and I cannot reset by using the instructions in the manual.  The unit runs fine if the control panel fascia is left off.  I suspect some kind of interlock sensor is being activated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan, I will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

what is the procedure you have tried to turn this off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe I have tried everything. There is no child latch security on this model. there is a child lock that I have pressed but will not release. The dishwasher works fine if I leave the control panel fascia off. I believe that this is an issue with how I have installed the fascia. Is there an interlock somewhere that I need to focus on???
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
So when you install this it doesn't run correct?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Correct
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay you know what it sounds like to me of course I'm not there it's very difficult for me to be sure but it sounds like you're putting the fascia on you may be catching one of the buttons and it may be contacting which is almost as if you hold the button in yourself, it may look like it's in place correctly but you really can't tell the but maybe just a little crooked or maybe catching on part of the fascia and it's depressing it, the fascia is just a trim cover for looks of course so it really doesn't have anything to do with the controls themselves, there really isn't any other reason why this is happening if this runs without the fascia installed, make sure there's no rough edges or a piece of plastic part of the fascia that is sticking out and maybe hitting one of the buttons, as far as installing it why did you need to replace the fascia to begin with? Was it worn off or scratched? The reason I've given above is the only logical explanation for your issue, I need to step out and do some work this morning I will be back after lunch but until then here is a link to the control panel diagrams, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Bosch-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-SHE55M05UC48/1794/0130000/50031830/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=SHE55M05UC-48 check to make sure nothing was hitting on the buttons when you are put in this back together, it back to me let me know I check my messages when I get back into the office, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your effort. I managed to fix the problem myself. On this model the fascia is a plastic panel that wraps over the actual controls. The buttons snap inside the fascia panel and everything snaps on, a few screws are added and that should be it. But even though the buttons superficially look the same, there are some important differences. And there is an order to installing them that must be adhered to. Once I figured out the correct order, problem solved.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thats great , thanks , Bryan