Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

While running my dishwasher, there were very loud grinding

While running my dishwasher, there were very loud grinding sounds and after the cycle was complete, there was water in the basin of the dishwasher. After using a shop vac to remove the water, I found water in the basin later in the day.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have the make and model of# ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maytag Jet Clean WU30401
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

What has happened is there something stuck in your pump assembly, you need to remove the bottom spray arm and then disassemble the top of the pump assembly and see what maybe jammed in there, it could be almost anything a piece of glass a piece of plastic, and a piece of food possibly, the reason there is water in it is these motors reverse to drain and whatever is in the pump assembly when the motor tried to reverse that jammed up, I hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan