Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator, a GSH25JFXB, the water dispenser started working

My refrigerator, a GSH25JFXB, the water dispenser started working off and on . You can hear it click like it wants to dispense but doesn't and the a day or two later it will work fine for a day or two what is happening and can i fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

It sounds like your water chiller maybe freezing and then unfreezing and then refreezing, this is a pretty common issue on these refrigerators this is the water chiller, it's located behind your crisper drawer in the refrigerator section, these tend to freeze up fairly easy and then sometimes they will defrost enough so water will come out, next time it doesn't work try taking a hairdryer and run warm air over it periodically checking the water through the door, if you start getting water then that's what's going on, is it working right now or not?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no not working now
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay , after reading your first post again you say you hear a clicking like it wants to dispenser water is this clicking coming from the back of the refrigerator? Try pulling the refrigerator away from the wall and you will see an 8 x 10" cover on the right side looking from the back, have somebody press for water and tell me if the clicking is coming from there, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes clicking is coming the back
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay unfortunately that's not good, means the main control board is gone or at least the relay on it is but you can't replace just the relay you need to replace your control board,behind that panel is where this is located, you will need to replace it, you can order this at the following link, the part number is, WR55X10942 GE has had to redesigned these boards to fix many problems they were have it with them, as a matter of fact they redesigned these four times before they finally got it right, you will need to replace the board, thanks and well wishes, Bryan