Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my frigidare gallery light goes on but it doesnt work it says

my frigidare gallery light goes on but it doesn't work it says it could be the time delay fuse and then reset circuit breaker can't find either or

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the full model number? Is this a dryer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
frigidare gallery refridgerator model #GLRT183TDWE
Okay so the light comes on when you open the doors what you're saying but the refrigerator as cooling in the fan inside isn't running is that correct? This may be in a defrost cycle or stuck in a defrost cycle if it's not cooling and hasn't in the last hour or so come on. Let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THIS HAPPENED 2 DAYS AGO I MOVED IT WITH IT ON IT'S SIDE FOR APRROX 5 MIN. I WAITED 2 HRS BEFORE I PLUGGED THE UNIT IN. IT RAN FOR 5 MIN THEN STOPPED
Okay it sounds like the defrost timer is stopped and is in a defrost mode which means none of the fans will run or the compressor. This is what the timer looks like, it's part number 23 on this diagram, if you open the refrigerator door and look straight up at your controls from the bottom you will see a hole where the little gray part is on the timer take a flat head screwdriver and turn that, it only turns one way I believe counterclockwise see if the refrigerator starts, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IT WORKS 1 MORE QUESTION I TURNED IT ONLY A LITTLE BIT AND IT WENT ON IS THAT OK

Well yes it's okay but you will need to replace that timer, most likely the motor on the timer is bad so this means it'll keep running but won't defrost because the motor is not turning the timer to get to the defrost mode in so the refrigerator will freeze up and start cooling again only this time the freezer will probably stay cold but the refrigerator will not because of Frost buildup, you can order this timer at the following link,

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-%20241621501-%3d%3d there will be a couple screws to take out to drop that control panel down so you can replace it, it's pretty simple to replace, hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan