Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have had my whirlpool gold refridgerater for 6 months and

i have had my whirlpool gold refridgerater for 6 months and it has stopped making ice and water will not come out of the door dispenser. what do you think is the problem????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You've only had this for six months? Is it brand-new? There is one test I would like you to do if you could, pull a refrigerator away from the wall and right where the water line connects to the refrigerator put your hand on where it connects and have somebody pushed the water and see if you feel a vibration or here a buzzing noise, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i hear a buzzing vibration
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay is this a bottom freezer refrigerator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay this has a water reservoir in it that the water runs through this may be frozen, it's rare at six months that the valve itself would fail, it's part number 4 on this diagram and it is inside the refrigerator section,see if you can locate that inside and take a hairdryer to it and defrost it trying the water in the door every now and then and see if it starts to flow, of course to door would need to be shut to try this so about every five or 6 min. close the door try the water in it, let me know if it starts to flow, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i dont see anything like that unless its covered
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
it very well may be covered, the diagrams so vague on this, you really don't want to start doing any work on this refrigerator because they will void your warranty so I wouldn't start taking things apart, make sure no one has accidentally shut the water supply to the refrigerator off at the house, usually the water shut off is behind the refrigerator but it could be somewhere else like under the sink or even down in the basement, if the water is definitely on then I would call a technician tomorrow and get this done under the warranty, there is no use in paying out any kind of money to repair this yourself, like I said I don't believe it's the valve in the refrigerator itself its way too early for that to fail, hope this information is useful though, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome, I don't think it's a major problem but I think somewhere in your chiller tank it's frozen, but you shouldn't have to deal with that this being only six months old, I would if it was an older unit and was and under warranty be glad to help you walk through take this apart but I just don't want you to void your warranty, thanks and enjoy the rest of the day, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.