Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

On FF512PS unit the compressor is running but its not cooling

On FF512PS unit the compressor is running but its not cooling what can it be?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

If the compressor is running for sure it's not cooling it's a Freon problem most likely you sure the compressor is running

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hi

if freon is the problem that would mean replacing the compressor?

Not necessarily but you would need a technician to come in to do this for you and find the leak and then replaced Freon, if you don't find the leak it's just gonna happen again, the other issue is depending on where it's leaking whether he can get the parts are not for it, it's probably leak through the evaporator coils that's the most, place although it could be a bad solder connection somewhere on one of the lines, I wouldn't suggest leaving it plugged in though in the meantime because you can burn the compressor out, if it's not a real expensive unit you may want think about replacing it, even funding the leak and put Freon back in this can run $200 to $300, hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan