Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good morning, I have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the green

Good morning, I have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the green clean light is flashing and when I press the start button it flashes and nothing happens. The clean light is flashing in a pattern 6 times. I'm trying to get beneath the filter to retrieve a syringe plunger and a piece of broken glass but cant figure out how to remove the filter. I have teh splasher off

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mod XXXXXXXXXXX /p>

Ser FS1106708

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you will need to send it again with a space between each #. it idint come through
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
6 6 5 1 6 0 5 9 4 0 0
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay great. here is a link to a video on how to remove the screen assembly all the way down to the chopper assembly, click this blue link and the click the see help videos. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/830886 this will get you to where you need to clean out. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bryan but the green "clean" light still flashing and when I press the start button it just blinks really fast and nothing. Is there a reset button of some sort or should I cut of the power to reset?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
try shutting the breaker off and then back on, see if that resets this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried the breaker but the light still flashes. Its in a sequence of 7 flashes if that matters. Currently hit the cancel/drain button but no luck yet

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

PROBLEM: STOPPED RUNNING, WILL NOT START AND CLEAN LED BLINKS 7 TIMES, THEN

REPEATS (WATER HEATING FAULT)

Control is programmed to stop running and not allow any further

cycles if it detects a water heating problem (no temperature

increase detected in heated Main Wash cycle or in 3 consecutive

cycles on the latest software version). Control blinks the Clean

LED 7 times repeatedly and disables the Start/Resume key until cleared.

Running Diagnostics clears the control and allows it

to operate again. The water heating condition

must be corrected or the control will stop

running again.

Diagnostic Key Dance:

Heat Dry - Normal - Heat Dry - Normal or

High Temp - Air Dry - High Temp - Air Dry

you need to run diagnostics in this use one of the sequences above to start the diagnostic mode once you have it in diagnostic mode you should get different blinking for different codes, do you have a voltmeter? It seems like your heater has failed in this you may want to check this with a voltmeter, let me know if you think you can do these things, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont have a voltmeter. But should I press those buttons in the suggested sequence?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Yes you can press the buttons and try the diagnostic mode, let me know what it does, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan With the door closed nothing happened so I tried the sequence with the door open and all lights lit up then the wash , start buttons lit up as well as the bottom idicator lights for wash and dry (dry light was red). The machine seems to be operating but going to wait a few to see what happens. Is it possible that the debis below the filter screen caused this problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is possible, you will have to run up to see like it says above , I get the information above right from the service manuals, let it run and see how it works, you can press except and you still have 30 days to come back and reply to me if you need more help so I'm not going anywhere, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going to assume that the diagnostic run includes the system to run through the different cycles such as washing ,sani rinse, etc. The system finished and I started teh wash cycle with sani-rinse and heat dry. so far seem to be running normally. Thak you Bryan. Your help was valuable. Will contact you again if I run into further problems.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your very welcome, I'll be here if you need me again, please dont forget to press accept, thats the only way I get paid for helping you. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.