Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just bought a GE adora from a neighbor, it is 5 years old

Customer Question

I just bought a GE adora from a neighbor, it is 5 years old is in great condition. I'm wondering though when we moved it if something broke. Here are a list of things that I'm having problems with: water draining VERY slow, every wash cycle becomes unbalanced which causes the door to unlock and I MUST rebalance the load in order for it to continue, rinse & spin cycle does not complete (unbalanced), the clothes are sopping wet? I cleaned the drain tube yesterday (it was nasty) and thought that would help the slow drain but it did not, could it be clogged some place else? Could the mother board (electronic part) not recongnize the wash cycle vs the rinse & spin? Please help. This is my first front loading set and I'm excited but I don't want this problem to make me regret my decision on buying it. Please help
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

give me a bit to look up the info on this. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
When you moved this washer did you install the shipping bolts to keep the tub from moving back and forth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No...

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay you may have broken one of the shocks, if this gets out of balance really easy then possibly when you shocks broke or came loose, whenever these are moved you are supposed to use the shipping bolts to hold tub still so it doesn't break anything, here is a diagram we can see the shocks, there are four of them, you need to check to see if any have broken or if the tub is real loose going up and down or back and forth easy, you need to go into the back on this machine to look at these, the other thing you need to do is clean the pump trap this is probably causing it to drain slowly number 285 on the diagram, this unscrews and pulls out, make sure it's clear, and check the for shocks number 253, these are the only problems I can think of that could be causing your issue, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a diagram that shows how to access 285 & 253?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Actually I'm sorry, you go into the front on this one, just below the door there is an access panel part number 247 on this diagram, remove screws number 281 to get the panel off, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
From what I explained it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the mother board then?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I dont believe so, the ballance switch is making this unlock stoping the machine.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Thank you so much for your help...

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your welcome. thanks Bryan