Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i used my stove last night and now the oven has not shut off

i used my stove last night and now the oven has not shut off even though the controls says it is off is there a reset button anywhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number? What make is this oven?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is a maytag, i don't see the model number on the stove any where, it just says high capacity and the controls are on a touch pad at the top of the stove where the controls for the burners are. The stove is about 8 years old
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Does this have a pullout drawer in the bottom? If so open that up in there should be a model number on a tag in there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is a pull out drawer but not tag there. manual says coil and radiant range, rs-1
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
so let me get this straight, you are seeing the oven discontinues to heat? The bottom bake element is red or is it just warm and heats coming out of the oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the bottom bake element is not red, but there is heat coming out of the oven and if I open up the oven door, you can certainly feel the heat.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay if it's not red hot then the element has shorted, when that happens the element will be warm but not get real red hot, look at the bottom element don't touch it and see if you see any marks in it like burn marks, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I do not see any burn marks on the element
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay it may have shorted out behind the oven, you may need to pull the range away from the wall unplug it and pull the back panel check all the wiring, one of your wires may have melted in be shorted to the body which will be causing the element to receive 120 V which means it will get warm but not red hot, if you don't think you can do this you may need to call for a technician, if you do I would unplug the range until the tech can get there, you can also shut the circuit breaker off instead if you don't think you can pull the range out, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.