Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

We have a 1999 Wolf Stove. It needs a thermo couple for the

Customer Question

We have a 1999 Wolf Stove. It needs a thermo couple for the oven and broiler. Who has these parts, and where can we find them.

We live in Prescott Arizona.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

Hi euutfxtu,

Customer:

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer:

Would you please look for the model number on the range? It's on a sticker in the (small?) oven crevice when you open the door. Also, who diagnosed the problem and why did they believe that the "thermo couple" was the problem?

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Hi euutfxtu,

I did realize the time since you had first asked the question was that long. So, I converted it to this format so that you might follow up if you would like at your convenience.

bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot find a model number anywhere on the applience. I have the order sheet and on it there are some numbers. sha 4006 and PS 486B, and another one is SX23V, and GCG1520Zbb. I have no idea what those numbers relate to.

I know it is a 1999 model and was delivered by Best Home Appliences on Bell Rd. in Phoenix. on 9/4/99.

I am guessing as to the reason the broiler and oven won't ignite.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
See above.
HI,

Let me do some research on models from that year and check the numbers that you have given.

Is the model a Dual Fuel model? It would have a gas cook top and an electric convection oven. These are mostly self-cleaning models.

Or.... Is the model ALL gas? This would have a gas cook top and a gas oven.

Also, do you have 4,6 or 8 burners on the top?

Do you have a grill and/or a griddle on the top?

Could the PS486b actually be DF486B?

What exactly does the range do (when you attempt to use it)?

PS .... You accepted the answer. However, I haven't had enough information to really answer for you. If I can not help, I will have the administration refund you.

I will get back to you later tonight.

Sincerely,

bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The stove is all gas, it has 6 burners, a grill and two ovens. One is small w/o broiler and the other is large with a broiler.

The large over does not ignite when one sets the temp etc and the broiler does not ignite when you set the broiler knob on.

The little oven works fine. I will check those nubers when I get hope this P.M.

Thanks, L

Hi L,

You should be able to find the model number under the top left grates. Remove the grates and top porcelain on the far left. Look for a sticker on the left side wall of the range. You should find the model number at the bottom of that sticker. It will be labeled model number xxxxxxx.

bernie
Hi L,

So, all the burners on the top work correctly, right?

bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Hi L,

Was the model number under the top left grates (as described above)? If so, what is the model number that you find there.

bernie
Hi L,

I wanted to give you more information related to what you are looking for.

The range manufactured in 1999 or before might not be the same range produced afterwards. The company sold it's consumer manufacturing and consumer name to Sub Zero.

This is why it would be helpful to have the model number. You should be able to find it under left side burners on the left wall (as described above).

Your range may be similar to commercial ranges produced by Hobart today.

Servicers in your area for that type of range are

Hobart - (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Service Solutions Group(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
If the range is similar to today's consumer ranges, you may be able to have a Sub Zero / Wolf servicer troubleshoot and fix the range.

The local one would be Tri-City Appliance Service(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The closest PARTS place for these ranges is in California.

West Coast Parts (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

If I have been helpful to you then, no further action is needed.

bernie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found the model # XXXXX
Hi L,

That's good. If you have that model number it will help you getting the unit fixed.

At this site (below) is the general concept on replacing a gas range igniter. You may want to try going through this if you are tackling this range yourself. Your range will likely be different with regard to where the parts are and how to access them. It's the concept that is similar. I don't have information on that range to give you exactly what you will see inside and how to access the parts.

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2008/08/06/how-to-replace-the-ignitor-in-a-gas-oven-a-pictorial-guide/

You may have to copy this site and paste it into your browser.

If you give "West Coast Parts" (above) a call with the model number they should be able to help you with finding a part.

If they can not help you, I would recommend that you contact one of the servicers listed above to have them troubleshoot the range and correctly identify the part needed.

bernie