Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a older maytag washer (model # XXXXX) that I need to

I have a older maytag washer (model # XXXXX) that I need to replace the pump that is leaking does front panel come off (how)

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Yes you can take the front panel off on this, on the very bottom of the front panel you will see a part of the panel where it kind of takes an angle in there are two screws right down there right in that part of the panel you need to remove they are Phillips head screws one on each side you may have to lay on the floor to see them they are kinda hard to see, remove those screws and pull the panel out from the bottom and then the top clips will unclip and you to remove the whole panel, your pump will be on the right side front, there are three screws holding the pump in the these are on the bottom so you will need to tip the machine up to see the screws and release the pump, it's not that bad a job to do, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan