Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE microwave wont start heating. The clock and timer are

Customer Question

My GE microwave won't start heating. The clock and timer are working but when I push the start button othing happens. I am really missing this!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What happens exactly when you press the start button? Does the timer count down when it should be heating? Does the unit just act like you didn't even press the start button? Does the start button beep back at you when you press it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The timer will count down when it should be heating. The unit just acts like I didn't even press the starat button. The starta button doesn't beep back when I press it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Did you mean "WILL" or "WILL NOT"?

Quote:
The timer will count down when it should be heating
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The timer does count down when I push the start button. Also the light comes on when the start button is pushed but nothing happens.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, that means that one of your 3 door switch has gone bad and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to test the door switches to determine which one is faulty.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not accept this answer - thank you and I will appreciate it very much if you do not charge my Discover card.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I have no idea what you are talking about, I just gave you a correct answer to fix your microwave. Have a nice day and good luck.