Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Need help determining why my oven is not heating. KitchenAid

Need help determining why my oven is not heating. KitchenAid Model #KESC308.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

These ovens have a thermal cut out on them, it's a thermostat,this is usually located on the back of the oven you would need to pull the oven out to check this unplug it locate the thermal fuse and then test it the way this video shows you how, just click this blue link, you can also order it at the same place, if that turns out to be good then it is the PCB, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the suggestions. My wife told me she heard a "boom" sound at the time the oven started to fail heating. Does this information suggest any other solution?

It's my granddaughters birthday and I had to go out and pick up some things for tonight sorry to be so long getting back to you, if she heard a noise like a pop or boom most likely the control has blown the relay, this you to inspect to see if it is blown, I can't find all of diagrams for this machine but usually these are on the back also, considering the new information you gave me I'm leaning towards the control board because the thermostats don't make noise when they go to just stop electricity from going to the element, you can check it anyway but I think the board is gone on it, you can order the board at the following link if you wish to replace it, also check for any burn or blown wires in the back while you are inspecting this, here's the link to the board, hope this helps thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan, Thanks for the information. I too believe it is the PCB. Wow expensive item! Thanks again. Let you know if the problem was the board.

okay well wishes, Bryan