Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Icemaker question. We have a Maytag Dual Cool with icemaker

Customer Question

Icemaker question. We have a Maytag Dual Cool with icemaker #MZD2665HES. The supply tube was "leaking" water into the freezer, continuing to supply water after ice trays were full. We have replaced the ice maker unit, but still have the problem. It appears to be a problem with the supply valve located at the lower left on the back of the unit. The water supply line comes into a valve, which splits the water supply for the filtered water and the icemaker. The filtered water appears to be working fine. At this point the icemaker supply line is dry - no water is flowing the valve appears to be closed. Need help figuring this out. Thank you. XXXXX WI.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.

Ok to clarify the water was dripping into the icemaker after it had filled causing the icemaker to overflow?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, water continues to flow into the icemaker after it has been filled, causing overflow and essentially a frozen ice mess in the freezer. At the moment, the valve for the icemaker supply line appears closed as no water is flowing through it. Water continues to flow throught the filtered water supply line. Seems like a valve problem - either it's "stuck" open or closed. Maybe needs cleaning?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes you are correct, what happens is pieces of grit can get stuck in the duel valve or calcium can build up inside the valve causing it to stay in the open position, For the main part these valves are sealed and can't be serviced so unfortunately this means the valve has to be replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.