Are there any fault codes?Water Intake fault code:LED is On F6 Water Intake Fault
• On the W1966 note the status of the LED Indicators
• On the W1986 the fault is displayed in the “Time Remaining”
Display Window (Example: F1)
W1966 LED Status W1986
- Cor No Faults Stored
Pre-Wash LED Flashes Faster F1 Pressure Sensor Fault
Main Wash LED Flashes F2 NTC Sensor Fault
Rinse LED Flashes F3 Heating Fault
Rinse/Hold LED Flashes F4 Tachogenerator Fault
Oversuds LED is On F5 Oversuds Condition LoggedWater Intake LED is On F6 Water Intake Fault
Check Darin LED Flashes F7 Water Drainage Fault
(to be updated) F8 No Final Spin
(to be updated) F9 NV RAM Fault
Table 6-3: Fault Codes (W1966 & W1986)Clearing a Stored Fault Codes
1. Access the Service Mode
2. Place the Program Selector Switch to the WOOLENS 85
position (Fault Code Retrieval position).
3. While a fault is displayed – Switch off the appliance.
4.7 Water Control System – Intake
During the initial water intake, the Electronic monitors the duration of time until the Water Level Switch is actuated. This value is used so that certain wash variables (i.e. wash time, number of rinses) can be controlled during the program.
If water level 1 is not reached within the programmed “water intake time” (2 or 4 minutes), the Inlet Valves are closed;the program is cancelled and the Drain Pump is operated for 90 seconds.
Service manual 4.10 Inlet Valves
All washers (except the W1903) are equipped with a single Electro-Mechanical Water Valve; to control hot water entering the appliance.
The cold water supply to the washer is controlled via a Triple Valve Assembly. Although the component is physically one item; each valve is plumbed (and electrically energized) separate to provide water control for the:
• RinseIf the water inlet valve is not bad, then the electronic control board will need to be replaced due to the water level switch being bad. The W1986 washer is equipped with a Level Switch integrated into the Control Electronic. The Level Switch cannot be replaced separately.