Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a 10 year old Series 90 Washing Machine. Yesterday,

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old Series 90 Washing Machine.
Yesterday, it started making loud clicking sounds when the agitator should have been turning. The agitatpr was moving very slightly. Also, when I tried to change the speed of the agitation, nothing changed.
What could it be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer..IF you advance the timer to the speed cycle..Does the washer spin and drain..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes. If I wait for the cycle to finish, it does move to the next RINSE and SPIN appropriately.

Also, as it was making the clicking sound, I noticed that the lights would dim xlightly with each click.

Can you determine what area of the washer the clicking is coming from.?.(inside the cabinet underneath..Behind the controls.Etc.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think it was coming from underneath the washing tub. Does that make sense?
Are you also saying the lights in the home are dimming as this happens..If so you have a faulty motor winding most likely..If the click ing is coming more from the agitator itself..Then the agitator dogs are worn out most likely..Are you able to remove the agitator and check to see if the transmission shaft is turning..?
Please accept my answer or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob