Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Microwave issue

Microwave issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I accidently entered before I was done. I resent the question with the problem which is it wont boil water in two minutes.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well that can depend on a lot of things. In fact it really shouldn't boil water in 2 minutes. How fast the water boils depends a lot on the type of container you're using, the color of the container you are using, and of course how much water you're putting in the microwave. The best product to use would be a white ceramic microwave safe container because it reflects the microwaves the besta nd won't absorb them. Aside from that, there really is just not much you can do if the unit is heating. If it's heating and you don't hear the humming cut in and out, then it's working as intended. When you select a different power level, listen closely. You'll hear the humming change frequently (every 5-20 seconds depending on the setting) because the way the microwave regulates power is by turning the magnetron on and off.