Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Dryer, 3 yrs old (barely) and no heat. Model DL G2526W. Ive

Customer Question

Dryer, 3 yrs old (barely) and no heat. Model DL G2526W. I've read some blog posts on the subject and also went to LG website. Could be blocked vent, burned out glow ignighter, maybe burned out solenoid. i don't have a lot of cash to spend and want to get it repaired well by a reputable person.

LG site recommended a service technician, but all the reviews I've read of him are mediocre, not very good. I've heard that unless you are registered w LG, you can't get parts. What do you recommend?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your dryer..I can provide you with a service manual if you would like..Or are you looking for someone to do the repairs for you..IF so..What area are you in.?.Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am in Austin, TX. A-1 Apache Appliance in Georgetown is the recommended tech, but reviws on Yelp, etc are not good. I am on Angie's list, and only one review. He was also known to write his own "good" reviews.
Try calling 1-800-411-4131....Texas Appliance Service...You can purchase the parts from Sears..And no you do not have to be registered to order parts straight from LG..The most common problem is a tripped thermal fuse..The thermal is located inside the cabinet..You can test it with a simple test meter available at Home Depot or Lowes.