Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Jenn-Air dishwasher with pad controls on the top

We have a Jenn-Air dishwasher with pad controls on the top of the door. The Start/Cancel pad is functional only periodically, with no apparent pattern. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This touchpad fails all the time unfortunately. There really isn't much you can do but replace the touchpad itself because sometimes the touchpad will allow moisture into some of the buttons which will cause the unit to not work for a while. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information. How difficult is it to replace this panel as a DIY project?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
you can definitely replace the part yourself if you're handy. Just open the door, turn the circuit breaker off and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and you can start to replace the control panel. It's fairly easy to replace the part and shouldnt' take more than 30 minutes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I removed the screws around the border of the inner door. It seems that there is something still holding the touchpad panel to the door. Is there some trick to removing the touchpad panel?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
there shouldn't be no. Just screws around the border of the inner door holding the front of the door onto the door. There may be 2 screws coming up from the bottom but I'm not there so I can't be sure.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there are not any screws on the bottom. However, in the diagram from the link that you provided, there are two retaining pins or panel fasteners, labelled "7". In my case, the outer door covers the fasteners. There must be a specific technique to remove these. Or do I just pull on the old panel (potentially breaking it)?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no, those fasteners are not "fasteners". There are just large washers that have screws going through them. You should be able to push the control panel down so that the washer go through the panel or you can remove the screws. Again, this isn't something I'm goign to specifically be able to say "remove this screw, push that clip, etc..." without actually being there, so if you need that then you need to call a technician out to do it for you.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.