The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My washing machine is leaking.. I notice it coming from the

Customer Question

My washing machine is leaking.. I notice it coming from the left side of machine from the bottom as you face machine. I had checked to make sure filter was all the way tightened but it has not made a difference. It is not leaking from back at connections. I think it is somehow related to the filter and drain cap but not sure how to correct it. Do I need to call a service person and if so who do I call? I live in Lafayette LA 70503
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

What brand is your unit please?

The Home Smithy :

Never mind. I see it is an LG. One moment please.

The Home Smithy :

I am sorry but I do not have any documentation to help you do this yourself. One moment and I will let you know who can do the repair for you in your area.

Customer :

Have you discovered anything I can do to stop leak? I cleaned pump filter about two weeks ago and it leaked but I didnt' have it tightened enough. It didn't leak again until yesterday so I checked filter and it was tightened

The Home Smithy :

Usually this is caused by the dispenser assembly. Either it is over filling or there is an obstruction that is causing water to back up in the system. Unfortunatly I do not recommend that a novice DIYer try to repair something like thios. It involves considerable disassembly of the unit.

The Home Smithy :

ROMERO'S APPLIANCE SERVICE/337-981-5968 can do the repair for you.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.

Customer :

It seems like I have no choice but to accept. I would be happy to accept if I was given some help but even the service center that you suggested doesn't answer or return phone calls so I have gotten NO answer to my problem

The Home Smithy :

You do not have to accept if my answers were not helpful. I will submit your question for refund of your deposit.